Lately, baby boy has REALLY been digging seafood. Scallops to be exact! So last night I surprised Dave with a romantic dinner. (Yes, *I* cooked!) And it was DELICIOUS! And it only took about 45 minutes to whip up!
And with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, do yourself (and your SO) a favor and grab these jumbo scallops and try THIS recipe:
Beautifully seared jumbo scallops atop fettuccine enveloped in a luxurious pesto Alfredo blended sauce.
Accompany the richness of the dish with a fresh Caesar! Trust me, it's HEAVEN!
Your S.O. won't be able to thank you enough. And you can thank me later! ;)
Here's What You'll Need:
8 oz box of fettuccine
1 (16-ounce) package Lidl Preferred Selection frozen jumbo wild caught sea scallops, thawed
1 jar of pesto
1 jar of Alfredo sauce
4 Strips of Bacon
Asparagus (feel free to substitute with broccoli)
1. Add water and 3 teaspoons of salt to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions for al dente. Once cooked, remove from heat, drain, season with butter, salt & and parsley and set aside.
2. Cook bacon and chop into small pieces. Add to fettuccine and stir.
3. In a (separate) large saucepan, melt butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Sauté asparagus tips and mushrooms until soft (or desired preference).
4. Place scallops on plate, pat dry with a paper towel and season with ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
5. In the same pan used to cook bacon, add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
6. Once oil is shimmering, squeeze lemon juice into pan (remove fallen seeds) and place half of the scallops in the pan making sure they are not touching each other.
7. Sear each side for 2 minutes.
8. Remove finished scallops from the pan, place on a plate, cover with foil and set aside. Repeat with remaining scallops.
9. Add the WHOLE jar of pest sauce and HALF jar of Alfredo sauce to a pot and stir evenly. Stirring frequently, bring sauce to a gentle simmer.
10. Add vegetables to pasta and stir.
11. Add sauce to pasta and stir to combine.
12. Divide among 4 bowls/plates and top with scallops and sprinkle parsley and parmesan cheese on top. Serve immediately.
13. Enjoy! :P